Thursday, June 05, 2008

Ouch no power !!

After almost 8 years, here we are an entire day spent with No Television, No Computer, No black berry and phone. Nice Candle light dinner and cuddled together. Well before you let your imagination run wild, I was just trying to put a positive spin on the power outage here. Whining you say?!

If you are from Chennai like me, you know it's nothing, especially during summertime; power outage is such a common affair. But as kids we were never bothered with it. In fact it was fun with all local kids playing together and telling stories, but those were the old days...

But the reality now is we have lost power here since yesterday 3:00pm due to heavy thunder storms in around DC suburbs. As of now we haven’t got any power. This is first time I have faced such long power outage here in US. The last time it happened was in 2003, which lasted for 5 days, I heard. But that time I was abroad on vacation.

Let’s see how long this one lasts.

Well may be I can practice on my flute with few gallons of gas saved!

No comments: