Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Super Singers !!

One of the recent programs that I have been watching kind of regularly is Asianet’s Idea super singer and Amrita TV’s Super Star Global. Both these programs have featured some amazing singers. After watching these two programs, I am now really convinced that in South, Kerala has got the best voices. And even more impressive point is the backing orchestra, especially the string section is just amazing !!

Perfection is the only word that comes to my mind.

My favorite singers from these two programs

Check it out..

Singer: Roopa

Song: Gangai Karai Mannadi

Movie: Varshum Pathinaaru

Music: Illayaraja



Singer: Durga Viswanath

Song: Vedam

Movie: Salangai Oli

Music: Illayaraja


Singer: Najim Arshad

Song: Mandiram

Movie: Avarampoo

Music: Ilayaraja



Thanks to ttp://www.youtube.com/user/amidalaneboo for the clips.

4 comments:

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Ganesh, Thanks for posting this song. My heart is so heavy as I finish the first song by Roopa...Like MJ said ( isn't he the bearded guy?)...I couldn't control my tears.! So wonderfully sung.

Talent is amazing in Gods own land..I was also impressed when watched it in India last year. The format is so nice and the Judges are so critical ( I remember wathching a program when our very own - Murali Ramanathan sang).

I'll watch the other 2 tomorrow and comment...I am just speechless..!!

Narayanan Venkitu said...

I watched Durga and Arjad as well. God..wonderful voices ..what songs...what singing!!...I got goosebumps.

IR is God for me ! His melodies leave one speechless even today. These songs are some examples.

These guys and girls from Gods own Land..they've nailed such difficult songs with so much ease.

I liked Sarath's comment and his singing too.!!

I wish I get Asia Net at Home!!

Narayanan Venkitu said...

OOps - forgot to comment on the orchestra. Amazing...Like you said. I liked the strings too!!

Ganesh said...

NV Sir,

Its amazing, these singers were tested in different categories like classical,fast and folk numbers as well.
Hope Music directors use these talented kids.