Friday, July 01, 2005

Black Eyed Peas Do a Straight Lift of Illayarajas Song!!

We all love Black Eyed Peas

For those who don't know who Black Eyed Peas click on their name. They are current sensational Rap and R&B Group. And I know this posting might make you shout ‘WHAT the …!’

But trust me guys , I was also shocked they just plainly used old Illayaraja’s song from the Movie Sri Raghavendrar (movie came out in 1985) Song sung by S Janaki and Malaysia Vasudevan.

All props to them, they have layered a super hip hop music over Illayaraja’s song .

How in the world they landed on this song of Illayaraja ?!! Thats the million dollar question !!

May be they got some Tamil Guy as friend ;) somebody like Deva, I guess.

Now hear it to believe!! Here is the original song ‘Unakkum Enakkum Anandham’

Now listen to Black Eyed Peas song Elephunk Theme



So no more we can complain our music directors alone lift.

Jeez, I don’t know whether they got copyright for this song.

I only wish they would acknowledge Maestro Illayaraja’s Song in the Album

Man, Illayaraja Sir's old song has a revival from Black Eyed Peas…

Each and every song of Illayaraja's is always done to perfection. I mean the orchestration, the chord progression and bass runs. This old song is no different , check out the bass runs on the original song. It's so cool.

Now shout out your thoughts on this ...


Thanks to http://www.itwofs.com for the Tamil clip

2 comments:

Raj said...

Ganesh, can you send me the remixed song to this id(freakin.raja@gmail.com) or can you give me the path where i can download it

mozhiarasu said...

i need the full song